1. Has the government any information relative to the amount of damage which is being caused in the forests of Canada and the industries related thereto; (a) by fungi; (b) by insects?
2. Does such information relate to the forests under the jurisdiction of the Dominion Government and separately to the forests under the jurisdiction of the provincial governments?
3. If so, what is the nature of the information whether in reports or otherwise and does such information disclose damages in percentage of trees destroyed or the value of the same?
4. What steps, if any, are being taken to ascertain the extent of the losses due; (a) to fungi; (b) to insects?
5. Has the government any men on the scientific staff or in the departments engaged in the study of the causes and control of damage caused by fungi and insects generally and if so, how many?
6. How many men are engaged in the study of the causes and control of damage caused to forest trees; (a) by fungi; (b) by insects?
7. Does the government consider such a staff sufficient to cope with the loss to such a great natural resource as the forests of Canada?
8. Is it the intention of the government to extend the scientific study of the causes and control of damage and to take practical remedies for the preservation of the forests of Canada?
Subtopic: FOREST DESTRUCTION BY FUNGI AND INSECTS