1. Has the Canadian Government contributed towards the purchase ot the submarine cable running from Ireland to Halifax, which is stated was acquired by the British Government about a year ago?
2. If not, has the Canadian Government under consideration the subject of supplying in conjunction with the British Government, a Brtish owned cable between Great Britain and Canada?
3. Of the seventeen trans-atlantic cables has the Canadian Government a financial interest in any?
4. Does the Government propose to extend the Canadian National Telegraph system from Moncton to Halifax, and so connect with the British Atlantic cable?
5. When official cablegrams are sent from Ottawa to the British Government in London, are they transmitted for a part of the distance through United States territory?
6. Does the Canadian Government Telegraph system directly connect with the British owned Pacific cable?
7. If not, is it proposed that this connection be made?
Subtopic: SUBMARINE CABLE-IRELAND-HALIFAX