ADJOURNMENT OVER ASCENSION DAY.
On the motion of the Right Hon. Sir George Foster (Acting Prime Minister) it was resolved that when the House adjourns this day it stand adjourned until Friday, the fourteenth instant.
Mr. Michael Steele presented the fourth report of the Select Standing Committee on Miscellaneous Private Bills.
Return showing the institutions under the jurisdiction and management of the Department of Soldiers' Civil Re-establishment, the number of patients and employees of each institution and the cost.- Mr. Hugh Clark (Parliamentary Secretary.)
CANADIAN NORTHERN SYSTEM-CANADIAN GOVERNMENT MERCHANT MARINE.
WATER CARRIAGE OF GOODS ACT AMENDMENT.
On the order being called for the introduction of a Bill to amend the Water Carriage of Goods Act.
Mr. H. H, STEVENS (Vancouver Centre): I wish the order to be dropped.
(Questions to be answered orally are indicated by an asterisk.)
SALARIES OF MEMBERS' STENOGRAPHERS.
1. Is It true that the salary of the messengers and other attendants of the House of Commons has 'been increased to $4 per diem from the 1st of April, 1919?
2. Is it true that the salary of the male stenographers on the members' stenographers' staff is $3.50 per diem?
3. If so, what is the reason for this difference?
4. Is it the intention of the Government to increase the salary of the stenographers on the members' stenographers staff this session?
5. If so, to what extent? If not, why?
DEPARTMENT OF SOLDIERS' CIVIL RE-ESTAB LISHMENT.
CANADIAN NATIONAL RAILWAYS-CAR HAULAGE COST.