Report of the Department of Labour for fiscal year ended March 31, 1918.-Sir
(Questions answered orally are indicated by asterisks.)
RUMANIAN RELIEF-MARINE INSURANCE.
OVERSEAS MILITARY EXPENDITURES.
VICTORY LOAN ADVERTISING, 1918.
QUESTIONS PASSED AS ORDERS FOR RETURNS.
1. Is Hadley B. Tremaine, M.P. for Hants, - in the employ of the Government of Canada or in any way connected with the Military Forces of Canada ?
2. If so, when was he first appointed?
3. In what capacity is he so. engaged and what salary does he) receive?
4. How much pay has he received from the outbreak of the war up to and including the 12th day of May, 1919?
5. Is the wife of the said Hadley B. Tremaine in receipt of separation allowance? If so, how much 'has she received to date?
6. If the said Hadley B. Tremaine was and is in receipt of pay from the Military Forces of Canada, was he and is he in receipt of his indemnity as a member of the Parliament of Canada?
INCOME TAX OFFICE, EMPLOYEES.
On the Orders of the Day:
Hon, RODOLPHE LEMIEUX (Maison-neuve): I as'k the Minister of Finance if the men employed at the income tax office in Montreal and elsewhere are appointed by -the Civil Service Commission. If not, under whose authority are their appointments made?