1. It is understood that a British remount depot was established near Montreal (Lachine). '
2. Information not available. Latterly Brig.-Gen. Sir Charles V. Gunning was the
O. C. British Remount Commission.
3. 31,402 in Canada.
4. Yes. 3,142.
5. No. [DOT][DOT][DOT] [DOT]
6. Offers were made by the Government to provide certain credits for the purchase of horses in Canada.
7. The Government has been informed that whenever possible the commission in buying horses gave Canada the preference. Buying in Canada, it is stated, was interrupted at intervals for various reasons, viz.: at times when purchasing was being done by Canadian Government; because of lack of horse-ships; because of large reserves of horses on hand by War Office, and because of financial reasons.
Subtopic: BRITISH REMOUNT COMMISSION.