RENTAL FOR FRASERVILLE BUILDING.
AGRICULTURAL, IMPLEMENTS, DUTIES AND DRAWBACKS.
Mr. JOHN F. REID:
1. What, is the percentage of duty charged Canadian Manufacturers on raw materials imported and entering into the manufacture of agricultural implements?
2. What is the percentage of drawback allowed to Canadian Manufacturers on imported raw materials manufactured into agricultural implements for export trade?
3. What is the percentage of drawback allowed to Canadian Manufacturers on imported raw materials manufactured into agricultural implements for domestic trade?
Hon. Mr. SIFT'ON:
1. The full duty as specified in the Customs Tariff.
2. 99 per cent of the Customs duties on imported materials is allowed to Canadian manufacturers when such materials are manufactured into other articles and are exported.
3. The following are the provisions of the Customs Tariff respecting drawback on materials manufactured into agricultural implements for domestic trade:
Item No. Goods. When subject to drawback. Portion of duty (not including special duty or dumping duty) payable as Drawback.1002 Rolled iron, rolled steel and pig iron When used in the manufactureof mowing machines, reapers, harvesters, binders and attachments for binders. 99 p.c.
CLERGYMEN IMMIGRATION AGENTS.
1. Are certain clergymen in Canada paid as Immigration Agents, or for services in connection with Immigration or Repatriation?
2. If so, for how many years have such payments been made?
3. Does the Government intend to continue to employ these men in the service mentioned?
"THE PARASITES" PROHIBITED.
VICTORY LOAN ADVERTISING.