1. Is the Government aware that Mr. Tucker, appointed by the Honourable the Minister of Agriculture, as agricultural representative on the Leave of Absence Board of No. 3 Military District, was in the recent Dominion Election a strong, active opponent of the endorsed Union Government Candidate in East Hastings?
2. Is it the policy of the Government to appoint such opponents to office?
3. If the Government at the time of this appointment was unaware of the fact stated in question No. 1, will it now satisfy itself as to the fact and take action? If so, what action?
4. Was any private member of the Union Government in Military District No. 3 consulted or advised with in regard to this appointment? If not, from what source was the information obtained to satisfy the Honourable Minister who made the appointment?
5. What were the necessary qualifications the Honourable the Minister of Agriculture, by inquiry, ascertained Mr. Tucker possessed for the position to which he was so appointed, enumerating them?
Subtopic: MR. TUCKER.