1. Has the government received a request from Washington to permit the ' Dubuque,' an American war vessel, to pass through the Canadian canals? If so when, and what is her armament?
2. Has the government permitted any United States war vessel to pass through the Canadian canals since the r Dubuque ' ?
3. Has the Canadian government observed the provisions of the Rush-Bagot Convention, and is Canada, at the present time, adhering to such Convention?
i. In what respects, having regard to number, size, speed, armament and crews of vessels, is the United States government at the present time, not adhering to the said convention ?
5. Has the United States, on all occasions, had the consent of the Canadian or British government in its departures from the said convention ?
6. Has the government considered the desirability of negotiating with Washington for the purpose of securing a permanent treaty, because of the fact that the Rush-Bagot Con-
vention is terminable on six months' notice by either country, and thereby avoid the risk of the abrogation of the agreement?
Subtopic: AMERICAN WAR VESSELS PASSING THROUGH CANADIAN CANALS.