1. How many persons who have passed the necessary examination to obtain appointments
in the Civil Service since the present Civil Service Act came into force have as yet been appointed to the government service?
2. Has the government in its employ at the present time any persons who have failed to pass the requisite examination?
3. Is it the policy of the government to keep temporary employees at work in the departments when there are numbers who have passed the necessary examination who are desirous of securing employment?
4. Under whose recommendation do temporary employees secure appointments to the service?
5. Are the moneys voted as salaries to temporary employees paid out of funds for the inside or outside service in all cases?