1. See Statutes, Chap. 59, Statutes of Canada for 1905, under which bridge was taken over by the government.
2. Yes, under provision of statute.
3. The bridge is to be erected at the same site, the south pier will be used in part but must be enlarged, a new pier will be sunk to the rock on the north side, the other piers will require to be rebuilt.
4. Bids will be asked for both cantilever and suspension.
5. It is not in the public interest to give out approximate estimates of cost at a time pending the receipt of tenders.
6. Yes, it is expected to utilize certain parts, but the value cannot be determined until the plans are finally settled.
7. Pending the receipt of tenders it is impossible to fix a date. '
8. The city and province have already contributed.
Subtopic: QUEBEC BRIDGE.