Mr. BARNARD asked:
1. Did the government nse its inflnence, as provided for in article 9 of the terms of union with British Columbia, in any way to secure the continued maintenance by the imperial government of the naval station at Esquimalt, either before, after, or at the time the said naval station was abandoned?
2. If the answer to the above question be in the affirmative, in what way was such influence used?
3. Has the naval station at Esquimalt been taken over by Canada.
4. Has any arrangement been made for the taking over of such station?
5. Has any expenditure in connection with the said naval station been authorized by the government of Canada, or to the knowledge of the government of Canada, by the imperial government? If so, to what amount, and for what purpose?