Mr. LANCTOT-by Mr. Johnston-asked :
1. Was an arrangement made by the government with Geo. E. Corbett for carrying the mails between Annapolis and Digby, Nova Scotia, between 1884 and 1893? If so, was such an arrangement made yearly by tender and contract, or by private agreement with the Post Office Department?
2. What amounts, if any, were paid Mr. Corbett for the years ending June, 1885, 1886,' 1887 1888, 1889, 1890, 1891, 1892, 1893?
3. When did this arrangement, if such existed, cease?
4. Was this mail service undertaken by the Digby and Annapolis Railway? If so, at what date?
5. Is the George E. Corbett, above referred to, the same George E. Corbett who is stated to be the Liberal-Conservative candidate for Annapolis county, Nova Scotia, at the next general federal elections?