HUGHES-by Mr. Sproule- asked :
1. Is the government aware that in a rifle practice on the Rock 1 iffo ranges recently a de-
fective cartridge shell in a Boss rifle is said to have exploded?
2. Does the government instruct the militia force in the effect of exposing cordite cartridges to heat?
3. Are the riflemen instructed that a cartridge at 100 degrees temperature has a very much greater explosive force than one at 60?
4. Was the rifle injured bv the reported explosion referred to?
5. How many times are the Canadian cartridge shells capable of being reloaded?
6. How many times must the United States cartridge shells stand reloading?
7. Is the government aware that it was reported regarding the foregoing defective cartridge shell that a Boss rifle had exploded?
Subtopic: ACCIDENT TO THE ROSS RIFLE.