INTERCOLONIAL RAILWAY-PICTOU STATION.
NATIONAL TRANSCONTINENTAL RAILWAY-STEEL RAILS.
Mr. BOYCE-by Mr. Taylor-asked :
1. From what manufacturers has the National Transcontinental Railway Commission purchased steel rails for use in the construction of .the .railway?
2. What were the prices per ton, respectively, paid under such contracts?
3. What contracts for rails are still ineom-pleted ?
MILITIA DEPARTMENT-WORK HOURS OF MASONS AT QUEBEC.
Mr. ROBITAILLE-by Mr. Bennett-asked :
1. Has the Department of Militia authoriz- _ ed a nine-hour day work to masons doing work for the department in Quebec city? If so, when?
2. Will this be permanent for any future work?
3. Is that work done by contract or by day work?
4. If by contract, who is the contractor?
5. If by day work, how much is paid for a ten-hour day, and how much for a nine-hour day, as now scheduled?
CUSTOMS AND INLAND REVENUE.
PRIVILEGE-HON. MR. FOSTER.