Mr. HERRON-by Mr. Lake-asked :
1. Has the Southern Alberta Land Company, Limited, successors to the Robbins Irrigation Company, made application to the. government to exchange a portion of the lands granted under their contract for other lands situated outside the original area?
2. If so, what quantity of land do they propose to re-lease, and what quantity do they ask in lieu thereof?
3. In what townships are the lands applied for in exchange located?
4. Is it a fact that the company claims that the success of their scheme from a financial point of view depends upon securing the new area applied for?
5. What are the intentions of the government in respect of said application?
C. In ease of the government consenting to' such exchange, will the contract be amended so as to contain a clause fixing the maximum selling price of lands without water privilege?
Hou. I?. OLIVER (Minister of the Interior) :
2. (a) 186,000 acres, approximately; (b) 180,000 acres, approximately.
3. Township 13, range 6, townships 14 and 15, ranges 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10, west 4th meridian.
4. Yes. .
5. The Commissioner of Irrigation has been directed to make a personal inspection of the company's scheme in connection with this application, and the application will not be dealt with until his report shall have been received.
0. No decision has been made, gee answer to No. 5.