Mr. MONK-by Mr. Taylor-asked :
1. What are the names of those who tendered for the repairs executed hy the government at the Military Houpital in St. Johns, P.Q. ?
2. What was the amount of said tenders?
3. To whom was the contract awarded ?
4. How much has been paid to the said contractor ?
5. How much has said contractor claimed from the government for all work done by him at the said Military Hospital ?
6. Were tenders asked through the newspapers? If so, through what newspapers ?
Hon. 'Sir FREDERICK BORDEN (Minister of Militia and Defence) :
1. Louis Bourassa and Peter O'Cain.
2. Louis Bourassa, $286 ; Peter O'Cain, $320.
3. Louis Bourassa.
4. Main contract, $2S6 ; * extras, $163.05 ;
total, $449.05. .
* While the contract was under way extra work was reported necessary by the engineer officer, and authorized as follows :
7 "3 square ceilings, col. sergts'
quarters, at $6 $43 80
16'5 square ceilings, hospital,
at $6 99 25
Cutting through chimney for
4 00Repairs to plaster
10 00Oiling floors
$163 05 [DOT]
6. No ; tenders were asked by circular.