3. How many trips across the St. Lawrence, from the wharf at Riviere Ouelle or St. Denis, to Murray Bay has the said ' Champlain ' made?
4. What is the reason why the said steamer * Champlain ' has not made regular trips between the two above named places ?
Hon. RAYMOND PREFONTAINE (Minister of Marine and Fisheries) ;
2. For wages, board, fuel, oil and clothing, an average of $80.
3. Sixteen round trips, up to the latest report on the 17th instant.
4. Very heavy ice which grounds on a shoal extending off Riviere Ouelle wharf (this shoal will be removed this season) combined with snow storms and fog; and for a short time undergoing repairs owing to slight accident.