Mr. CASGRAIN-by Mr. Sproule-asked :
1. Has a line of steamers been established between Canada and France, in accordance with the contract laid upon the Table of the House in the course of last session ?
2. Has the said contract been assigned by the original contractor to any other person or company ; and if so, to what person or company ?
3. How many steamers have been placed upon the said line, and to whom do they belong, or by whom are they chartered ?
4. How many trips or voyages have been made since the opening of navigation ; and between what ports ?
5. After the said contract had been es-tered into between Mr. Colombier and the government, was the latter, or any member of the government notified by letter, correspondence, notification or transfer, or otherwise that the said contract had been assigned or transferred to one Carbonneau, then residing in Paris ?
6. Has the said Carbonneau recently, and within the last six months, claimed that the said contract had been assigned or transferred to him, or that he had an interest in the same 1
7. Is not the said Carbonneau now in correspondence with the government, or some of its members, in relation to the said contract, and to his said claims ?
8. What decision has the government come to, or what decision does the government intend taking, in relation to the claims of the said Carbonneau ?
9. Has any part of the subsidy voted last session towards and in aid of the said line of steamers been paid ? And if so, at what date, and to whom ?