Mr. DEMERS (St. John and Iberville)- by Mr. Talbot-asked :
1. Is it true the government paid for certain improvements to the car No. 001, belonging to the Canadian Pacific Railway Company ?
2. If so, how much did the government pay for the flooring, curtains, bedding, tinting, carpets, sofas and other improvements ?
3. For whom and by whom was that car so fitted up ?
4. When and how were those expenditures authorized ?
5. Has the government been informed that the said car is still in the possession of or used by the Honourable Joseph Israel Tarte, one of the members of this House ?
6. Is it the intention of the government to reclaim the cost of the said improvements, either from the owner of the said car, the Canadian Pacific Railway Company, or from the Honourable Mr. Tarte, who has the use of it ?