work of a staff of thirty men, who worked for months on enumerators' accounts, was thrown away ?
2. Was a year's work done by a large staff on mortality tables, condemned and burned ?
3. Has a staff of about thirty persons been engaged in altering and amending enumerators' returns, changing forest lands to pasture, and fallow lands to pasture, and in making other alterations ?
The MINISTER OF AGRICULTURE
(Hon. Sydney Fisher) :
1. There was no new basis applied, there was not a staff of thirty men working for months on the enumerators' accounts and none of the work was thrown away.
2. There has not been a year's work by a large staff on mortality tables and none of the work has been condemned or burned.
3. There has not been a staff of about thirty persons, or any other number, engaged in altering or amending the enumerators' returns, changing forest lands to pasture and fallow lauds to pasture, or in making other alterations.