1. Have the militia who were called out and sent to do duty at Valleyfleld on the occasion oi a strike in the fall of 1900, been paid for their services ? And if so, by whom and on what
2. What was the total sum paid by the government on account of the calling out of the militia on the occasion of the Valleyfleld strike above alluded to ?
3. Has an action been entered against the municipality of Valleyfleld to compel that municipality to reimburse the government the amount expended for the militia services rendered on the occasion herein alluded to ?
4. When and by whom was the action commenced, and upon what date was the writ issued?
5. Has the case been set down for trial : and when will it likely be tried ?
6. What is the present position of the suit [DOT] and what instructions have been issued with reference to proceeding with it ?
7. Have the militia force called out on the occasion of the longshoremen's strike in Montreal, last spring, been paid for their services ? And if so, by whom, and what was the total sum paid out for such services ?
8. Has any request been made by the city of Mo,n.t7eai to be re'leved of the payment of the militia for such services ?
f', "hat is the intention of the government with respect to enforcing payment from the city of Montreal of any sums advanced by the government for payment of the said militia force in respect of their services while so called out; and what action, if any, does the government propose to take for that purpose ?