Mr. PORTER-by Mr. Alcorn-asked :
1. What is the name of the person, or persons, employed to care for buoys in the Bay of Quints, from Deseronto to Murray canal, during the seasons of 1901, 1902 and 1903 ?
2. What sums were paid for such service in each of the three years mentioned, with dates of such payments ?
3. What was the arrangement, or regulation, governing the amount of such payments ?
4. By whom were such arrangements made on the part of the department, in each of these three years ?
5. Was there any correspondence between the government and any person, or persons, in regard to the employment of any particular person, or persons, for such service ? If so, who are the persons with whom such correspondence was held ?