PAMPHLET 'REGULATIONS FOR RIFLE ASSOCIATION.'
Mr. LEONARD-by Mr. Morin-asked :
1. Did the Department of Militia and Defence publish, in 1501, a pamphlet entitled 'Regulations for Rifle Associations, with extracts from Musketry Regulations. 1898 ?'
2. Why has the government not yet published the French version of that important pamphlet?
3. Who has charge of the translation of that pamphlet ?
4. Is the government aware that the French language is still spoken in this country ?
CENSUS-COST IN EAST AND NORTH SIM-COE.
THOMAS RICKETTS, POSTMASTER, GIL-MOUR, ONT.
Mr. CARSCALLEN-by Mr. Sproule-asked :
1. Has Mr. Thomas Ricketts, postmaster of Gil-mour, been removed ? If so, when was he removed, and for what reason ?
2. Were any charges made against him or against the management of t.he office ? If so, by whom, and when ?
3. Was any investigation made into the conduct of the cilice ? if so, by whom, and what report was mads ?
SUPREME COURT-LEAVE OF ABSENCE OF JUDGES.
Mr. MONK asked ;
1. What judges of the Supreme Court of Canada have obtained leave of absence from the government, or from the Department of Justice, during the past five years ?
2. What has been the duration of the leave in each ease ?
3. For what reason has leave of absence been granted in each case ?
4. Is it a fact that only one-half of the cases brought before the Supreme Court during the last five years has1 been heard and adjudicated upon by the full bench ; and if not, then what
proportion of such cases has been judged by the entire court ?
MAIL BETWEEN CACOUNA AND RAILWAY STATION.
OFFICIAL OBSERVANCE OF THE KING'S BIRTHDAY.