Mr. HUGHES (Victoria)-by Mr. Taylor- asked :
1. What is the total length of the government telegraph line from Ashcroft, B.C., to Dawson, by divisions :-(a.) Ashcroft to Quesnell ? (b.) Quesnell to Atlin ? (c.) Atlin to Dawson ?
2. What was the original cost of the line to Quesnell ?
3. What was the cost of the sections from (a.) Quesnell to Atlin, and (b.) Atlin to Dawson ?
4. How many persons are engaged in the operation and maintenance of the line ?
5. What are the rates of pay and allowances, if any, for the different classes of employees ?
6. What are the telegraph rates ?
The MINISTER OF FINANCE (Hon. W.
S. Fielding). The Minister of Public Works (Hon. Mr. Tarte), who is not present, has requested me to ask that the hon. member will be good enough to convert that question into a motion.