ST. CATHARINE'S WATER SUPPLY.
Mr. LANCASTER-by Mr. Fowler-asked:
What has been done by the government respecting the St. Catharine's water supply, as promised by the Prime Minister on the 18th February, 1901, as reported in ' Hansard ' on page 109 :-
'Mr. Speaker, I cannot inform the hon. gentleman (Mr. Lancaster) if the report distributed of my speech on that occasion is accurate or not, I presume, however, it is substantially correct. The question to which it refers is now undergoing the consideration of the government ?
PROPOSED RAILWAY COMMISSION.
Mr. DAVIS-by Mr. McCreary-asked :
Does the government intend taking action during the present session on the motion of this House, passed in the session of 1901, approving of the appointment of a railway commission ?
I C. R.-COAL BY CHARTERED STEAMSHIPS.
Mr. BELL-by Hon. Mr. Haggart-asked:
1. What was the rate of time charter of the steamship ' Peter Jetson,' engaged to carry coal for the Department of Railways (as mentioned on page W-189 of the Auditor General's Report) ?
2. What quantity of coal was brought by the ship ?
3. What was the rate of time charter of the steamship ' Aladdin,' engaged to carry coal for the Department of Railways (as mentioned on page W-189, Auditor General's Report) ?
4. What quantity of coal was brought by this ship ?
TRANSFER OF MAILS, ALLANDALE STATION.
Mr. LENNOX-by Mr. Sproule-asked :
1. Who has been appointed to transfer the mails at the Allandale railway station ?
2. What is the date of appointment ?
3. What remuneration is paid ?
4. Is the employee solely under the control of the Post Office Department, or partly under the control of the Grand Trunk Railway Company ?
5. Is any portion of this employee's salary paid by the Grand Trunk Railway Company, by arrangement with the government ?
MECHANICAL ENGINEER, GOVERNMENT BUILDINGS, TORONTO.
TIMBER LIMITS DISPOSED OF BY GOVERNMENT.